- The difference between posture and poise
- Using stretch and contraction, using front vs. back muscles
- Produce a beautiful lady’s line without bending backward
- Moving from foot to foot while retaining full control
- Usage of sending leg vs. receiving leg
- Weight anchoring technique
- Dancing into 4 types of spaces around you
- 5 different ways of turning your body
Luca and Loraine clarify many concepts very often misunderstood by couples on the competitive circuit and they really do make them easy!
Although Luca and Loraine explain very advanced concepts, they use relatively simple, popular steps therefore this video can be recommended to very experienced dancers as well as medium experienced ones (however not beginners).
The section about body stance, posture and poise is repeated on all videos, however not exactly in the same words. Therefore every video can be used separately, but if you study all four of them you will not get bored either!
Posture – Poise
- Usage of Upper Body and Lower Body
1. Natural turn – Overturn – Turning lock
2. Natural turn – Spin pivot – Overturn – Turning lock
3. Natural turn – Spin pivot – Overturn – Two turning locks with change of shape
1. Fallaway reverse – Double reverse spin
2. Fallaway reverse – Double reverse spin – Overspin – Standing wing – Hower
- Harmony and Space
Natural Turn – Whisk – Wing – Chasse to Centre – Outside change – Open Natural – Chasse to Right – Impetus – Promenade position
Running time 65 min.